Our built heritage is irreplaceable and must be treated with the utmost care. True building conservation is neither ‘restoration’ nor ‘refurbishment’ but rather sensitive custodianship of building fabric, where possible retaining as much as possible and securing it for the future.
Julian Vallis and Jane Jones-Warner are RIBA Specialist Conservation Architects and Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC). Between them, they are on the ‘approved’ list of architects and surveyors maintained by three South Coast dioceses.
All members of the Vallis & Hall team are actively involved in assisting clients with the conservation of their buildings. As a practice we are fortunate to work on a large variety of projects of different scales and complexities, ranging from the inspection of large estate properties to the smallest of repairs.
The experience that has been built over many years enables us to achieve a high success rate in obtaining listed building consent and faculty approvals on behalf of our clients.
Vallis & Hall offers a full range of building conservation services, including:
- Condition surveys and quinquennial inspections for all types of historic buildings
- Assembly of detailed drawn and written repair schedules
- Inspecting architect for churches
- Historic buildings advice including in respect of planning and grant applications
- Advice on the engagement of specialist consultants, with access to an established network of professionals
- Full measured surveys of plans, elevations and sections, and minor external levels
- Design of a client brief, based on initial meetings
- CAD and hand drawn concept sketches and implementing client’s brief with proposals
- Full planning and listed building consent applications including CAD drawings and 3D visualisations, application forms and supporting documentation (Design & Access Statements and Heritage Statements)
- Full building regulation applications including CAD drawings (plans, elevations, sections and details), application forms, working closely with other specialist consultants (structural engineer, CDM advisors and mechanical and electrical engineers), and providing supporting documentation (such as U-values and general building compliance notes)
- Construction drawings, details and specification documentation
- Tendering works to contractors and tender analysis
- Contract administration of works on site between client and contractor
- Valuations of works completed on site and assessment of the quality of works carried out including contract and construction variation details
- Assistance up to the completion of works and during the rectification period.
Each package is tailored to suit the client’s needs, with full or reduced services available.
For further information, please contact one of the partners.